HDPE stands for High-Density Polyethylene, a thermoplastic material produced by polymerization process under high pressure and temperature. Pipes produced from HDPE are strong and durable and can withstand high pressure. HDPE pipes are also chemical resistant.
Some of the outstanding properties of HDPE pipe are :
- HDPE pipes have high strength compared to other pipes. HDPE pipes are chemical resistant, crack resistant from the environment
HDPE pipe has good flexibility.
- HDPE is chemical resistant and is commonly used in many applications such as potable water supply pipes, drainage and sewerage pipes, electrical conduits, mining pipes and many more.
- HDPE pipe can withstand high temperatures and will not deform.
- HDPE pipe can be used in extreme environment and can withstand temperatures up to 80°C
- HDPE pipe has excellent UV resistance properties and can be used outdoors without degradation from UV rays.
HDPE pipes are commonly used in many applications such as potable water supply pipes, drainage and sewerage pipes, mining pipes, golf course irrigation systems, electrical conduits, communication microducts and many more.